Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The border is still open, just don't settle in Arizona.

     The new immigration law in Arizona sounds like it could have problems with big government style abuse. It sure does, and I am for liberty at all cost. Asking me for my papers is out of the question. Also, current law is "the law" and like it or not I find myself adhering to it for the obvious reasons. Keep in mind I do have the choice not to follow the law, like the illegal immigrants, and I, as well as they, know then full well what the consequences will be. It is spelled out in the very law I choose to break and the one they chose to break. Now when 60% of the people do not want a government take over of health care, another law that we must now follow, but it passes anyway. Many look at my complaints and say boo hoo. Even when I complain with a large amount of people it made no difference, the law is now passed and I am sure it will be enforced. Unfortunately I will now conform. If the IRS calls me and asks me for my papers it is part of the crap sandwich I so despise. I raised my voice and did not win. So good luck with your fight on this. I am not convinced to join your fight yet, for one, the law passed only in Arizona, it is a big border, you can still enter if you choose through a new spot. Two, these are existing Federal laws here, lack of enforcement was always just a loophole many thought would last forever. Third, there is a legal way into this country you can choose to use, many people come here all the time this way and have no problem nor violate any laws. So only the criminals (I know that word sounds a bit strong) are sought. I will not get into detail about the burden inflicted on our systems from this and I see that true enforcement of existing laws is the complaint here. Many people want to break the law and they also want to get away with it without consequence. That sounds great to criminals of all types. But not to the law abiding citizens. Wearing scarves over our mouths and raising a foreign flag for this fight is probably just poor judgment when trying to change the minds of these citizens. Again, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment